Tuesday

Good afternoon. Welcome to another blog. My name is Creature. I will be your host.

I am morbidly obese.

This term may not delight the reader. Some are uncomfortable with it, because 'bese' sounds like 'beast', and morbid anything can't possibly be good. I've grown accustomed to it, over the years, and now use it freely to describe myself.

You may be interested to know, depending on how bored you are, that there is a clinical definition of morbid obesity. Anyone with a Body Mass Index greater than 35 is considered morbidly obese.

At best estimates, since I am too heavy to use conventional scales, my weight when at my heaviest was around 180kg. I'm 187cm tall. That's a BMI of about 50. I guess I qualify.

(For the imperial at heart, those numbers are 400lbs and 6'2". Saved by an enthusiastic ephiphyseal growth plate!)

My intent is not to glorify or excuse, whine or prevaricate. Rather, I offer an insight into the mind of the Very Fat Guy.

4 comments:

FunnyBits said...

I've been reading your blog. I really like your prose and how you express yourself and your honesty. I, too, have started a blog to discuss the uncomfortable "fatness" of being a woman. I have linked to your site in hopes that those who read mine will read yours.

Your comrade in largeness,
Michele aka Fatty
www.fattybits.blogspot.com

Creature said...

Thanks! I and my 154 hits appreciate it ;)

FunnyBits said...

You're up to 161 now and with all the referrals coming from me it's just gonna skyrocket.

I have writer's block right now so I haven't been able to write much. Give me a topic and I'll discuss..hee hee...we can help each other out.

laber66 at gmail dot com

Creature said...

Heh. Ok, your topic is: "How it all began." I'll do one too.

Post a Comment