Saturday

It's raining. I'm going out for a walk.

I've always walked. Maybe that's the reason I'm still alive. Ever since I started shrinking (more on this later), I've been walking in addition to everything else. Long, wandering, no-goal-in-mind walks.

A few months back I walked in the rain, pounding down, that really solid kind where you almost feel massaged if only it weren't so cold. I was wearing fairly tight drawstring pants. When I got home, hours later, I discovered the soaking wet drawstring had cut into the skin of my abdomen, creating a long wound. I still have the scar now, it looks almost surgical. Maybe people will think I've had The Operation.

Now I'm going to wander along the harbour's edge, with umbrella, see where I get to. Some days I feel called out into the rain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment